• Welcome to Waldwick UMC!!
Worship Service starts at 9:30 AM in the Sanctuary.
Please wear a mask and come to church.For those who worship at home, online worship resources are sent by email.
• Sunday School VBS Schedule was changed because of insufficient enrollment.
Summer VBS will be opened for Four Sundays (Aug. 9, 16, 23, 30) at 11:00 AM.
Join Sunday School VBS Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 846 9056 2790
• Altar Flowers are given to the Glory of God by Mary Mooy with remembrance of her sister, Jeanie McGregor Glus.
** Please wear a MASK in the church all the times.
— not only during the service, but also after service,
please wear a mask inside the church building for all our safety.
* Please keep maintaining ‘social distance’ as 6 ft.
— When you seat in the pew or chair in the fellowship hall,
please consider the social distancing.
* Our Worship Service is “Touch Free” service.
— We have paperless bulletin, newsletter, Bible and Hymns.
— We don’t pass the Offering Plate. So, please give your offering in the Offering Plate placed in front of the sanctuary. — If you have a prayer request, please tell Pastor Cha (or church office) before the service, or during the week by call, text, email or Website. Or you can write it on the paper and put it in the Prayer Box.
— No handshake or hug when you greet each other.
* New Church Website and SNS: Website: www.waldwickchurch.org
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/waldwickchurch/
* For Posting Announcements, you may send it to Mary Keller (Marykeller4688@gmail.com) or to Church Office (201- 652-5130 / Waldwickumc@gmail.com) by Wednesday.
* If any of you need food or any help, please contact to church office or Pastor Cha.
* If anyone would like to ask prayer to Pastor Cha, or talk with her,please request to the church office, or Pastor Cha. She would like to talk with you and pray for you!
(Office: 201- 652-5230. Cell Phone: 973-270-7732Email Address: LIGHTSORI1004@GMAIL.COM ) Click Here to serve as … (Worship Leader or Communion Steward or Fellowship Hour Host)The Weekly News is emailed weekly to keep members and friends of The Waldwick United Methodist Church informed of our programs and people. Deadline for submissions is Wednesday of each week. Articles received after the deadline will be included in the next news.
August Birthday wishes to
June Wick 14th
Betty Gregory 23rd
Kevin Mathe 27th
PRAY TOGETHER FOR… * Please send you prayer concerns by call or email to the office or Pastor Cha.
1. Pastor Cha asked prayer for Lebanon, especially for the victims from the explosions last week. May God’s comfort be with them, their families, and all people in Lebanon.
2. Keep praying for Sunday School, and VBS from this Sunday. 3. Pray for all who have a birthday in August.(June Wick, Betty Gregory, and Kevin Mathe). May God’s blessings and joy be with them!
4. Please Keep praying for Carmella Morey for her comfort and peace in God’s love and care.
5. Keep praying for Dotty Tuck, Bob Fernands, Alida, Peter, Betty Gregory, Betty Johnson, Mary Mooy, June Wick, Joan Mefford, Roberta Lucy, and other elders who are in nursing homes or stay at home alone.
6. Keep praying for Dominic’s three daughters(Sarah, Lauren, and Alexa) and their families including two grandchildren, Charlotte and Elijah.
7. Keep praying for Laurie, and other doctors, nurses, and healthcare workers in our communities, our nation, and the world.
8. Keep praying for all church members to stay healthy and safe, and have a strong faith in Jesus Christ our Lord!
Dorothy Tuck Please pray for Dorothy and her family. Let’s express our love to her by sending a card or visiting her. (she recently moved to the place below: )Valley View Center for Nursing Care and Rehab(2 Glenmre Cove Rd. Goshen, NY 10924)Her new cell phone Number: 845-703-0386
Bob FernandsPlease pray for Bob and his family. Let’s express our love to him by sending a card or visiting him.Care One at Valley(300 Old Hook Rd, Room 20, Westwood, NJ 07675)
Carmella MoreyPlease pray for Carmella and her family. Let’s express our love to her by sending a card or visiting her.Woodcliff Lake Health and Rehabilitation Center(555 Chestnut Ridge Road, Room 317, Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677) – 201-326-2310
Alida ManleyPlease pray for Alida and her family. Let’s express our love to her by sending a card or visiting her.Veterans Home(1 Veteran Way, Paramus, NJ 07652 Room# T2)
Peter DurkinPlease pray for him for strength and his fast recovery. Let’s express our love to him by sending a card or visiting him.Brandywine Living at Mahwah(814 Wyckoff Ave, Mahwah, NJ 07430 Apartment# 108)
Betty GregoryPlease pray for her recovery. Let’s express our love to her by sending a card. (visitation is limited)Brandywine Living at Mahwah(814 Wyckoff Ave, Mahwah, NJ 07430 Room # 315)
Click here for pastoral care request
* NJ Annual Conference & Palisades District News.
1. New Reopening Guidance with an Uptick in COVID-19 Cases – All Clergy, Trustee ChairpersonsOn Monday, Governor Murphy tightened the restrictions on indoor gatherings to 25 people because of the recent spikes in COVID-19 cases in New Jersey. Although religious services were exempt, please keep in mind the growing concern about cases this fall as you plan your reopening. Our goal is to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ and ensure zero transmission through United Methodist activity. Before opening church buildings, all congregations in GNJ are to continue to follow the guidelines established by their governors and create a plan according to GNJ guidelines that can be found below. New Jersey
New York Pennsylvania GNJ Guidelines
2. Families First Coronavirus Response Act – AllAll private and public employers with fewer than 500 employees qualify for the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, which provides support for those impacted by the virus through the Emergency Paid Sick Leave and the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act. For information.
3. Shared Ministry Apportionment Holiday – AllJuly ended the four months of shared ministry holiday for our churches. We have been blessed by a number of congregations that have indicated that they will be paying the full 12 months or some indicated they will give 10 months of shared ministry which is helping all of us through the COVID-19 pandemic. If congregations are able to pay 100% of your shared ministry, your giving will help us to repay the money we will borrow to meet the mission and ministry of GNJ. For information on shared ministry.